• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX15 bellhousing question

Cornfed-87XJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I have found an AX15 out of a 1990 XJ for a decent price, and I have also found a bellhousinf out of a 1995 XJ. Will the late bell housing work with the tranny so that I can have an external slave? I have been scouring the local wrecking yards and the internet trying to find the complete setup without having to drop $$$$ for one from Man-trans or other companies, but so far I have come up empty. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The bell will bolt up, but you will also need the front bearing retainer from a later model for the throwout to ride on. The internal slave/throwout has a different ID.

HTH,
Jeff

You will need:
Bellhousing
Front Bearing Retainer
Throwout Bearing Fork
Hydraulic Kit
and the actual throwout bearing

In order to convert the "internal" AX-15 to "external." I've found the bearing retainer as a new part - but it's spendy (think ~$200!) However, all parts are necessary for the conversion...

Back