• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need opinions on steering

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
89 xj 4.0, RE. 5.5" lift,hd adjustable trac bar.

I'm going to get v8 wj steering and goforit's tie rod flip(trying to do this on the cheap).At my current height will this be a decent setup?Should I flip both sides or just one?What else needs to be addressed when going this route as far as steering is concerned?
How will This setup work with 35x10.50's?
Need opinions,my stock steering isn't cutting it!!!My jeep handles like a wet rag...:banghead:
Thanks

Last edited:
get the RHD draglink and you can go true over the knuckle.
check on go.jeep page for the writeup.

Lukipela said:
you could always go full hydro or hydo assist.
Because thats what he asked:roll:

You can do the ZJ stuff, or you can do the 1 ton steering. Or many other options. You can get a kit from several people or do it yourself.

get the wj knuckles, and upgrade yoiur brakes at the same time. drill and taper, oneton ends on DOM.

outlander said:
89 xj 4.0, RE. 5.5" lift,hd adjustable trac bar.

I'm going to get v8 wj steering and goforit's tie rod flip(trying to do this on the cheap).At my current height will this be a decent setup?Should I flip both sides or just one?What else needs to be addressed when going this route as far as steering is concerned?
How will This setup work with 35x10.50's?
Need opinions,my stock steering isn't cutting it!!!My jeep handles like a wet rag...:banghead:
Thanks

Any design you choose to get the steering links up higher will reduce the angle of your drag link and provide better steering for you, as well as get the links futher away from the rocks. To get a benefit, you'll need to raise both sides, and you will need a RHD drag link so it will go on top of the knuckle. I believe the later steering stuff is bigger and stronger, so with the better angles it should work well with your 35's.

Back