• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want 2 inchs of lift

bobhere73

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 95 xj all stock 30x10.5's ranch rs5000 shocks i want to lift it 2 inches cheap of course.. any sugestions on how to go about this.. i was thinking 2 inch coil spacers and shackles in rear.. does that sound like a bad idea? if i can do it that way what brands should i use? also will i have to change anything else brake lines ebrake or anything? also i have a 96 donor with good rear leafs is there a way to take a leaf out of each side and add it to my leaf pack to gain extra 2 inches? im sure you guys all know this like back of your hand but im new to the game and value your opinions here..

I had a 2" BB on 31's for a while. I did a RE coil spacer in the front, and a TnT Customs shackle in the rear. Worked well for moderate trails and DD'ing.

If you dont want to do a shackle, you could add a stock XJ second leaf to the pack, and that may get you around 2" or so. Also, you could get a set of ZJ V8 front springs, and a 1" spacer, for the front. Just a couple alternatives.

Shocks would be fine, as well as brake lines. Shouldnt have an issue with the TB or steering either.

Rocky road outfitters Budget boost. It has eveything you need you can even keep your stock shocks for $173.00 not bad for not having to guess and pice stuff together. I use this lift with 31" TSLs, this truck is wheeled hard on trails, mud stumps, and minor rocks. Still drives like stock with the sway bars hooked up. Oh yea for those of you that notice the smashed fenders I haddent trimmed them yet so my tires ate them. This pic was early in the night and the truck got worse as time passed. I know have TJ flairs, and everything is great.:laugh:
Let us know what you decide, send pics, have fun, and get that thing lifted.
:cheers:
100_1849.jpg

100_1893.jpg

I'm running a 2" spacer and zj coils, giving 2" of lift, in the front and I love the spacer because it is tough and I never have problems with it. I originally got RE 2" lift witch was nice because it came with shocks but the 2" add a leaf was a peace of crap. I think I got maybe 1" lift out of the add a leaf but soon fixed that when I added my friends 2.5" add a leaf and 2" lift shackle. If you feel cheap you can also put some s10 leaf packs in to get, I think, an inch of lift, it could be more but im not sure. With the s10 leaf packs you can still use leafs and add a leafs from xj leaf packs to help lift it. What ever you do do not use lift blocks, if you do you will just look stupid and will be made fun of for being dumb enough to use blocks. There are many more reasons to not use blocks but i just don't feel like listing them. For the front, if you put in zj coils make sure you get them out of the latest model zj you can find and the less miles on them the better. Depending on the condition of the zj coils you can get any where from 1"-2" of lift. Hope this helps in your lift choice.

Look up 1SourceMfg on Ebay. I've purchased from them in the past. Good prices and good products. They have a 2" kit with AAL for 75.99 but I also just got some 2" spacers from them for my GF Cherokee for 30 bucks, shipped.

http://www.1sourcemfg.com/

Check them out. They may have what you need.

Ron

This is the "No Budget Lift"
My XJ 2 days ago:
Picture 034.jpg

Picture 037.jpg

I went to Home Depot and bought 2 - 4" to 2" PVC Reducers from the plumbing section and a fiber cutting board from Wal Mart - cost = $14.00
I filled the hollow areas of the reducers with Bondo-Glass, cut the fiber cutting board out with a hole saw and made 2 spacers to fit over the reducers.
Picture 035.jpg

Then I bondo-d and screwed down the spacers
Picture 036.jpg

I installed them above my stock spacers
Picture 041.jpg

Installed a shackle kit from Autozone = $14.00 (until I buy 2 Dakota Spring Packs)
Picture 039.jpg

Picture 043.jpg

Total lift = $28.00 - and no internet ordering needed!

Back