• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't get front driveshaft straps off.

glennv

NAXJA Forum User
I have spare dana 30 with the front DS still connected. (Bought it that way)

I can't seem to get the bolts for the front straps. They aren't stripped yet.

Any thoughts?

8mm wrench w/ a cheater bar or another wrench on the 8mm, soak w/pb blaster

Use a socket.. I thought using a wrench but mine started to round off.. I used a 8mm socket. It took them off easy as cake.

silent_bob_662001 said:
8mm wrench w/ a cheater bar or another wrench on the 8mm, soak w/pb blaster

That PB Blaster stuff is the greatest stuff ever! Well the best i ever used. You spray that and those lil bolt will undo themselves and put themselves up.

The bolts are supposed to be 5/16" head. A 8mm wrench/socket will work, but it's a few thousands bigger and you increase the risk of stripping the heads. I usually use a 6-pt, 1/4" drive socket and extension on the bolts instead of a wrench.

lawsoncl said:
The bolts are supposed to be 5/16" head. A 8mm wrench/socket will work, but it's a few thousands bigger and you increase the risk of stripping the heads. I usually use a 6-pt, 1/4" drive socket and extension on the bolts instead of a wrench.
\
x2, mine came off fine with a 5/16 socket, and they had been there for 240K miles.

Back