• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil pressure!?!?!?

irish636

NAXJA Forum User
today i was driving and i came to a stoplight. i looked down at my oil pressure and it was down to 22?? i was on a slight downhill. when im driving and every thing else its right at 40. is this bad? or am i worried about nothing? thanks guys

If you've got alot of miles on your truck try 10w40 instead of 10w30. as things wear and tolerances get greater, a little thicker oil can help keep pressures up at idle. Even more so in hot weather.

Pull your senders connector and clean it out, apply some dielectric grease, just a tad and plug it back in. Clean BOTH the connector and pins too. Get any green stuff you see outta there..

Yes, green is bad when it comes to wiring/connectors. Underhood seems to breed that stuff on many vehicles, not just XJ's.

Heh.

Just changed the oil in my 94 XJ and saw the wire for the oil-pressure sender was bent at an odd angle. I straightened it, only to notice a portion of the insulation was rubbed/melted off!

Now I've gotta find a sending unit plug that matches mine, or try to splice some good wire in with only 1/3 of an inch of wire until the bad part!

Ah well.

Sorry for the mini-jack.

:)

Back