• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's engine/trans skid w/ TNT longarm

IllianaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've had a Rusty's engine/trans skid on my XJ for a couple years now, and I love it. Its beefy as hell and has taken a few hard hits with no damage. I'm getting ready to install a TNT longarm upgrade this weekend, and I would like to keep the Rusty's skid if possible. I have talked to Rusty's, and they weren't exactly helpful, other than saying it's pretty much impossible.

Has anyone adapted their Rusty's skid to the TNT kit, or have any suggestions for a good replacement? I like the Nth degree oil pan skid, but I'd like something to cover the transmission as well.

You won't need it... I have the TnT kit and it is BEEFY.... i wouldn't worry about it...install the Y-kit and see...you can always cut/chop after and make it fit if you still think you need it...

Yes, the tnt skid is bomb proof, but it still leaves your tranny and oil pan wide open. My suggestion is get the, if you don't have it, long arm cross-member for the rusty's engine/tranny skid and then drill the tnt skid for the rear.

Do you know the likelihood of anything actually contacting the oil pan or the trans pan? Slim to none. I have never seen any Jeep contact the oil pan or tranny pan. If you're one of those "pedal to the medal - throttle can fix anything" folks, then I can see that, but not many cherokees are going to get by with adding more throttle. Just ain't strong enough! ;)

I say the trans/engine skid is a waste of money. That's my opinion, but your needs may require it. So... :scared:

There are a few of us around that have had to drop an oil pan and pound it back out once or twice. Granted you are right, the oil pan is pretty tuck up in there, but a few of us have special needs:looney:. I have one just for the fact I like having a smooth belly to slide over when I play in the big rocks.

Back