• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's 2in BB question

littlehurk

NAXJA Forum User
Just bought a 96 XJ Classic and my girlfriend bought me a Rusty's 2 inch BB with spacers and rear aal's. Anyone have any experience with this lift? Also, what size tire should I be running? I was thinking maybe 31's, but I am new to jeeps and not sure about rubbing issues with only a 2 inch lift. No mountains/rocks here, just lots of sand and mud. Also this is not my daily driver.
Thanks for the help-
Ian

I've got the same lift on my 93 and run 30x9.5. They do rub when I go all the way to one side, but if it's not your DD, you have a few more options. Wheel spacers, trimmed fenders, whatever. I also discovered (much to my surprise) that I had to lower the t-case to get rid of vibes. Very rare from what I understand, but it does happen. I also had to get new shocks. If I loosened up the top (bar pins to body) then I could hook the bottom in and tighten up the top bolts. I knew that this wasn't going to work, so I flipped for the new Ranchos. Again, rare, but I have the worst luck with stuff. On the upside, it took myself and one other guy 2 1/2 hrs start to finish. Good luck

Thanks for the input. I am going to be putting on the lift sometime next week and can't wait to see how it looks. Hopefully I dont get bad vibrations, but we will just have to wait and see. Thanks again-
Ian

Back