• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New trail in JV

David Taylor

NAXJA Member #570
Richard opens up a new trail of Claw this weekend.
DSC_0530.jpg

DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0552.jpg

Looking back down onto claw
DSC_0578.jpg

DSC_0580.jpg

One happy man
DSC_0570.jpg

Damn it I knew I should've gone out there Saturday. fawkin work:mad:

is that near the top where the two valleys split?

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
thats not F.O.H is it?

No, it's after FOH. It starts on the left just after the hard right up the fall.
Richard still needs to give it a name. After what went on the weekend before
there was talk of calling it the "cherokee bypass". But ,it's up to him.

well i think it needs to follow the theme of the recent jv trail names, lets call it........

screamin eagle.

David Taylor said:
No, it's after FOH. It starts on the left just after the hard right up the fall.
Richard still needs to give it a name. After what went on the weekend before
there was talk of calling it the "cherokee bypass".

I think it should be called 'O Face' :D

cracker said:
I think it should be called 'O Face' :D

How about 'Dipshit's Only'. :D

Thanks to Dave, Paul, and Rich for throwing rocks and pulling winch cable a few times. It was work getting up it, but still took just a little over an hour for just one rig. There is a nasty leaning V notch waterfall near the top that will need some serious work to make it remotely passable. It needs a run with a few rigs and more work to finish it off.

Could be a nice alternative to running the top of Claw.

Goatman said:
How about 'Dipshit's Only'. :D

Thanks to Dave, Paul, and Rich for throwing rocks and pulling winch cable a few times. It was work getting up it, but still took just a little over an hour for just one rig. There is a nasty leaning V notch waterfall near the top that will need some serious work to make it remotely passable. It needs a run with a few rigs and more work to finish it off.

Could be a nice alternative to running the top of Claw.

Well....when do you want to go again?

Jump This said:
Well....when do you want to go again?

Well, that's a good question. I'm hoping to get one more run in this spring, but not sure the gang will want to spend time working on that canyon. It's sort of.......do we want to just run a trail, or spend time building one in a new canyon? The waterfall at the top is going to take some time, plus there is one other spot that will need a big rock or two thrown in to make that section doable.

Goatman said:
The waterfall at the top is going to take some time, plus there is one other spot that will need a big rock or two thrown in to make that section doable.
from what i saw, cracker wouldnt need any stacking :laugh3: but then again i didnt see the new trail yet either. but then 4d2's walked over every thing i saw him try for the most part.

Mr.OverKill said:
from what i saw, cracker wouldnt need any stacking :laugh3: but then again i didnt see the new trail yet either. but then 4d2's walked over every thing i saw him try for the most part.

Are you talking about the limp dick with the tubed out hummer looking thing on 4d2s? Hell, check back in a couple of years when he finally figures out the driving part. :D

:moon:

Captain Ron said:
No need.

Troy will spot. :D

--ron
you must really want him to look like he cant drive!! ( cause i cant spot ):gag:

Back