• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally got the MJ lifted

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Actually these are half way through the lift. The specs are as follows...
Before-2wd beam in front, Dana 35 in rear (sprung under)
Now..
Dana 30 in front (waiting to become 4wd)
Rockkrawler 4.5" coils
Rough Country track bar
Stock uppers and lowers for right now
Chrysler 8.25 sprung over in rear

For these pics the rear was just jacked up to show it level, the front was actually sitting on the 4.5" coils. My buddy who was helping me (Comancheon33) finished the rear about 20 minutes after I left his place. I will be putting 33"s on before it goes out of his yard because he informs me because he doesn't want something that he helped put together seen on the street with 235s. I'm also eventually going to trim up to the fender lip because I don't plan on putting flares back on. Anyway enough typing, here's the pictures...
ComancheFreshLiftPics002.jpg

ComancheFreshLiftPics003.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. I'll try to get completed pics up next weekend.

That should look sweet sitting on 33's.

Looking great. Make me really want an MJ even time people post them up

Yeah I know it, it looks like it should've been sitting that way from the factory in my opinion. It will look awesome with 33"s I'm sure. Hopefully this weekend. Thanks for the compliments guys.

comancheon33 said:
I will try and post some better pics for ya tonite. I the shop shots are kinda grainy. Later Man.
That'd be great if you get around to it, hated to start the thread with only a half completion job but I was too excited not to.
Rockhound89 said:
lookin good man
Thanks man.

Gmachine said:
You gonna change out the stock control arms?
Yeah well for sure the lowers, the uppers might stay stock for a while because I may end up going longarm. Don't want to dump too much money right now if I'm just going to redo the whole thing. The lowers are waaay stretched though, we had one hell of a time getting that axle positioned.
black2door said:
Does it have doors off a 97+ or just mirrors? Definatly post pics with 33's, thats gonna look awesome
black2door said:
Nevermind, I just saw it had vent windows. So just mirrors off a 97+
Yeah, you got it, just mirrors right now, although I have 97+ doors on my 90 Cherokee and love them (minus the interior part). I will probably do the same to the Comanche soon here, because the doors are a rusty mess. And yeah, I can't wait for the 33"s

CommandoXJ96 said:
nicely done man :)
Thanks Dan, I'll chat with you some more about it when I'm on AIM in the near future.

And it's done done...
ComancheLift-TiresFinished011.jpg

ComancheLift-TiresFinished013.jpg

I scored a set of four Doetsch-Techs on eBay for 70 bucks shipped. They're in now. Those are also some sweet $50 33"s on there. I can't complain for the price, they really make it look big. I love it. Now all that's left is bending up brake lines, throwing the ZJ backing plates and calipers on, and hopefully putting in an XJ proportioning valve. It does rub very very slightly too so the front is going to have to be trimmed slightly. I think it came together very nicely, and mad props to Dustin for the use of the garage and welding skills. Tell me what you guys think now.

man i like that truck alot better now I thought it look alright stock but that thing looks sick and a little finder trim you should see mine I think i cut out enough for 35's

242631054.jpg

pretty sweet! I'm looking to get an MJ but looking for a 5spd 4wd is kinda hard to find.

WaXJ_Skier said:
pretty sweet! I'm looking to get an MJ but looking for a 5spd 4wd is kinda hard to find.

not really find a cheap 2wd 5 speed and an XJ and built it from there that is what I have done or well I had a 4x4 5speed MJ that was junk so all that went into my red one.

Plus keep your eyes on Comanche Club.com there are some sweet deal that come up from time to time

after seeing the initial garage shots all I could think was 33x10.5x15 for some reason...... just imagined it with skinny tires on stock wheels.

Its just me, I am really into that sleeper look lately..... reasonable lift, stock wheels, 31-33x10.5 tires, stock flares, mild bumpers.

looks good regardless of my opinion!

pizza cutters are awesome.

those shocks you got, from a dealer or bought used, I'm in need of new shocks, and $70 would do it right.

Back