• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheelin @ Tech

muddinxj04

NAXJA Forum User
We just started a 4x4 club at Virginia tech, the group is small, but here's our first trail run. It's a small fire road with some big puddles haha, enjoy and let me know what you think.
n6239742_33407232_1410.jpg

n6239742_33407231_79.jpg

n6239742_33407230_8740.jpg

n6239742_33407229_7390.jpg

Yea, this next one is me in the puddle, i think i got the distributor wet or somethin, it choked, then took like 25 or so min to crank again, but i did have stuff in the tail pipe that came out once it fired.
n6239742_33407228_6039.jpg

stuffage :p
n6237309_33388219_1797.jpg

ohhh, love the flex...me again
n6237309_33388221_2308.jpg

Me all the way on the right, and Vice pres. all the way to the left...I'm the president :dunce:
n6237309_33388216_1032.jpg

Here's a few video's

So what do you guys think?

thanks for all the nice jeep comments...only problem is at 211k miles, i think this engine is on it's last leg, has some blow by and what not...i need to decide what i'm gonna do, keep drivin this, burning and leaking a lot of oil, or sell it and lift my dad's 97 zj, get a bumper for it and transfer the roof rack and winch over to his. Any suggestions?

yep...brush mtn. I think what it was, was i didn't wait for all of the water to settle back into the hole...so i hit it a lil hard, if that makes sence...Happy bday Fitch, if u want, we'll let you know next time we go. Are you still in college, if so where do you go?

yo good lookin rigs guys i think i've seen em all in the parking lots! i'm at tech too and i didnt know if it was u guys that started the club that meets in the litton reeves parking lot one night a week but i've been lookin to come out...

im assuming that is bobcat and i've asked a couple guys if u can take stock trucks on there cuz i've been lookin to find places to wheel around here since i got here (freshman :p)...they said id be ok stock on BFG all terrains in some places but im gettin my lift on soon

is there any more info u can give me about when ur goin out and if i could possibly meet up with you guys? thanks and nice pics!

Actually, we're not the guys who meet at litton reeves. We started this group this year, we weren't aware of Sinking creek. But if you're interested in our group (we're pretty much all freshman too) you can look us up on Facebook. Our group is Wheelin @Tech. We'll have stuff up there about when we wheel. And we actually went to brush mountain, which is close to bobcat, but not the same place. I wouldn't take a stock jeep up there, the holes are kinda deep. I'd go up there with no less than an inch and a half or 2", but feel free to join the wheelin at tech group, we'll try to give you as much info. as possible.

i mean id be willing to give it a shot...w/e you break it you fix it...but have u seent he marroon XJ up here at VT with like a 2 inch BB and bald ass tiny street tires? he was the one that in the NRV jeep club that said he didnt think i could go when his shit is barely bigger than mine...i still wanna check it out if thats cool with you guys..i sent the request for the facebook group so ill be in touch

all depends on how much it's rained lately, if i hasn't rained for a week or so, you should be good...but if it's poured in the last couple days...then some of the puddles on that trail will swallow ur jeep whole...almost swallowed mine!

hahaha yea good call...when u think ur next run will be? itll probably be on that facebook group so i dont have to ask questions through the picture forum...sorry for the hijack guys :p

Nice lookin trails and group. I just started one up here at WCU called Cullowhee Crawlers, first meeting had almost 30 people show up.

well fitch, we're gonna have to get you down here so you can show off that bad ass lookin xj. I guess I'll have to post the next trail run on here so you can come on down. Prob. be another brush mountin run

Back