• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New alt now over revs

Found problem. If any one wants to know. For some reason did a reflash on my computer and fired it up and it worked fine. To fine tune when this happened, I was out playing in the mud I do think i over reved the motor will in a hole. Thus i think causeing the alternator to take a crap and surge the system, thus the reflash on the computer.

Probably filling the alternator with mud made it crap out. You might have been able to save it by flushing it really well with a garden hose.

If you get anything in your starter or alternator, use Distilled water. Unlike standard tap or spring water (hose, well, etc), distilled doesn't contain any minerals. Minerals in water are what make water conductive. In other words, it won't leave residue behind that could otherwise damage electrical components. ;)

Back