• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep starts but wont restart

BigPoppaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
before i go on yes i have searched, but i think this is a wierd problem. the only way i can get my jeep to start is by hooking up a battery jump starter, and then puttin a tiny bit of gasoline in the throttle body. takes a couple cranks to start then dies then try again and starts up. i leave it running for 10-15 minutes. i havent run the jeep in 2 years and theres a new battery in it but is completely dead. now i shut off the jeep and and all i hear is fast clicking and wont start or crank over. im kind of an idiot when it comes to engines and stuff but i dont feel like takin it to a mechanic. Any ideas or suggestions? this has been bothering me for awhile and just waited till after winter to get this fixed mostly cause its only another vehicle and not my daily driver. i gave it a tune up and only drove it less than 100 miles. thanks

Back