• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door removal with power everything?

ty20404

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where I could get quick connectors for all of the wires? I have a security system on my jeep and the f-tards did a shitjob when they installed it, so disconnecting via the connectors in the cab wont work.

What I'm thinking is that you can easily remove and replace the flexible weather tube on the door side... So I was going to move the speaker into the inside with a Q-logic kickpanel enclosure. Then I would use the old speaker hole to cut the wires inside the door and insert two or three connectors (instead of one big one that wont fit through the hole in the door).

That way all I have to do, to remove the door is pull up the door panel (which is kind of hanging due to a lot of door fasteners missing) disconnect the connectors in the door, pull the weather tube out of the door... Then pull the door off... (I'll just remove the factory pin then get a new one from Home Depot or what not)...

Can you cut the wires and put quick disconnects in so when you take the door off you don't need to take the panel off.

when I bought my XJ the previous owner already made it doorless, he used trailer wiring harness's, it works great. For the buzzers, I actually just took my pins out, unscrew them and unplug, its been that way for over a year now and Im used to it. I know I saw a comapny at the PA jeep show last year that made a clip that went over it to keep the pin down but I couldnt tell you who makes them, but Im sure something can be made to work.

I used trailer plugs for my windows and speakers. As for the door buzzer, I haven't addressed that yet. The clip thingys are made for TJs, I had a set for my 02. The pins on the XJs are too small for the clips to work properly, so I guess you can just unplug it, or rig up something.

There are disconnects right at the doors so I don't know why you'd want to clip and reconnect all the wires. That is like 20 wires for the DS door alone. If you fallow the wires in a bit you will find the factory connector.

If you read what I put the first time you would understand...

The dumbasses that installed my security system tapped into all the wires after the factory discos... so I pretty much can't disconnect those. I just want to know where I can get a few 10 pin disconnects to put just inside the door... Kind of like the ones that plug into the back of the power window control module in the door...

I got plugs from radio shack. They have them up to 12 pins and run about $2-$3 a piece. Just cut the wires and install the pins that come with the plugs and go. They are about half the size of a trailer connection. and on one of my doors (power every thing) has 17 wires which makes the trailer plugs really hard to use.

Back