• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skid plate question

CHUGLYxj

NAXJA Forum User
Last night we installed the skid row engine/trans skid on my 01 and noticed some contact vibrations and adjusted the mount on the driver side which was found to be making contact with the exhaust. No more issues.

Today while driving I am getting intermitant contact with something, I think exhaust, but can't find anything. It is reproduced easily by turning the wheel, either way, and aiming up hill in a gear. When I pull forward or back it stops but just at idle in gear there is contact somewhere. I've looked and had my brother look last nigth and we can seam to find where the contact may be. Has anyone else noticed a vibration like this?

Ok went over everything again and I have at least .25 clearence around everything.

Don't think it is an exhaust clamp but its worth the check, thanks

motor mount???

Have a bad transmission mount on mine now which sounds like an exhaust pipe hitting at idle but goes away when in park or neutral. Could be your problem also.

Back