• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission Mount

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
94 XJ, 4.0L AX15, NP231

My transmission mount is toast. Figured it out when doing my axle swap yesterday, was moving everything just to make sure I was bolted up properly, and noticed alot of movement within the mount.

I'm of the opinion that if I have to replace something I might as well upgrade it too. What's available to replace the trans mounts? Polyurethane? Will I get alot of additional vibration if I switch to a poly mount?

Thanks in advance

yes i have poly motor mounts and they vibe a lot but the poly tranny mount will send even more vibs your way... go with rubber on the tranny mount and motor mounts if you want to minimize the vibrations

thanks guys

I think I've got 2 tranny mounts in the garage....I think they are both for '00 and later, if you need one. One is brand new ($80 at the dealer- "special Order), the other is in fine shape. This occured when I upgraded to the Carolina Rockshop tcase crossmember/skid plate. Figured I'd swap out the mount while I was there....then found out I needed an earlier model mount! Let me know if you need one of these....I'll make you a good deal!:sunshine:

Back