• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Poison spider bomb shell diff covers???

jacked

NAXJA Forum User
i need a diff cover, for my D30, i will be installing a locker shortly (aussie) so while im at it i want to install a diff cover. how is the poison spider bomb shell one? will have 4.88s, 35" MTZs, 6" Full traction kit.

also i might as well ask about diff oil, with the aussie would you use synthetic or conventional? 85-140?

Im researching the diff covers now myself. Im looking at the bombshells and others. The bombshells seem pricey. Im leaning toward the rockcrusher/solids over on northridge4x4. If anybody has any experience with either please chime in.
I run standard 85-140 in both front and rear diffs, both aussie. Consider putting in a new cross shaft and thrust washers while you are in there. My 44 bangs a bit from old parts meeting new. I got the parts from randys r&p. Just havent felt like pulling it all apart again.

I havent had much experience with the PSC or the Rockcrusher ones, but you have a vote for Crane High Clearance, expensive, but really...really...reallly nice. I have one on my 30 and its the toughest part on my Jeep. :D

the crane ones look nice, found em for around $170. what about riddler? seems like a cheap version of the crane, so its probly just that right. cheap. by installing the crane cover on a d30 that should stiffen up the housing some right?

jacked said:
by installing the crane cover on a d30 that should stiffen up the housing some right?

I guess maybe...not by much though.

Watch the FS forums. I got my D30 Crane off CO4x4 for 50$

I really like the arb's plus they have awsome customer service so i would buy one if they made it for the 8.25

Back