• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

emmisions,..O2....BAD MPG!!!!!

Wallyman

NAXJA Forum User
You know what, i replaced my O2 sensor adn it enabled me to pass my Emmissions test. but i SWEAR my MPG rate is lower than it was ....I have everything stock too!!!! no lifts, no ginormous tires.....and my gas mileage sucks!!!! is this a common occurance? Or am i loosing my mind........

Mabye its my lead foot

Wallyman said:
You know what, i replaced my O2 sensor adn it enabled me to pass my Emmissions test. but i SWEAR my MPG rate is lower than it was ....I have everything stock too!!!! no lifts, no ginormous tires.....and my gas mileage sucks!!!! is this a common occurance? Or am i loosing my mind........

Mabye its my lead foot
New O2 sensor would not reduce your mileage, it would increase the mileage. I got about a 50% increase in my mileage with a new O2 sensor.

What are your specifics, city/hyw mileage, year, odometer miles, miles since a tune up.......???

Is the new O2 sensor still working? Check the wiring harness connection!

Yeah it mustve been working sonce it lowered my NOx emmisions by about 30....whatevers,...
I dont have mileage, i dont calculate it like everyone does. But i know that it now uses a tank faster than before, and im driving my usual daily commute from
home to work ...and back : (
My jeeps all stock engine wise. I added the snorkel but that was before....
I guess mabye its my lead foot....
Course the rear drivers wheel cylinder blew out on me yesterday so my mileage is superb...untill i get her back on the road. i got no brakes : (

Wallyman said:
Yeah it mustve been working sonce it lowered my NOx emmisions by about 30....whatevers,...
I dont have mileage, i dont calculate it like everyone does. But i know that it now uses a tank faster than before, and im driving my usual daily commute from
home to work ...and back : (
My jeeps all stock engine wise. I added the snorkel but that was before....
I guess mabye its my lead foot....
Course the rear drivers wheel cylinder blew out on me yesterday so my mileage is superb...untill i get her back on the road. i got no brakes : (

Try an aluminum foot, I hear they are a bit lighter. :laugh:

That brake failure may have been where your gas mileage was going!

Back