• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Urgent intake exhaust manifold problem

miketyson

NAXJA Forum User
just put on apn header and 99+ intake, looking at the manifold i'm assuming its going to leak a little bit, there is avery slight crack along the bottom where it has clearance issues with the header by the 6th cylinder. Dont really have the time, patience or tools to take everything apart and grind/dent to make it fit right, could using 2 gaskets fix this? need to have car running by tomorrow so let me know whats best & how bad a slight vacuum leak is

I don't think using 2 gaskets is ever a good idea. Chances are you will have take it back apart and do some grinding. Are you sure there is nothing stuck in there?

I had the same problem when i put on my 99 intake. If you dont have the tools to grind, i suggest that you put the pre99 intake back on or put the stock exhaust manifold back on. You will need to do grinding to have both fit if they dont fit the first time.

fixed it with a hammer, had to extend the sensor wire and a vacuum line too.. no one said anything about that

do you all find the bolts loosen up?

Back