• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

buying an 85 xj 4 cylinder

bigsliks

NAXJA Forum User
just want to know.

how will I know if the axles are 4.10s?

and they should fit in my 91 without any trouble?

thanks

Wrong. The only way to tell is to check the tag on the differential and if that is gone, to pull the cover and count the teeth.

shoot I haven't bought it yet, and I don't want to open the diff, were is the tag normaly?
maybe I can jack it up and spin the tires?

and also it is a standard if that makes a diffrence

From what I've read your probably right about having 4.10's

the front is a D30 and the back is a D35 right???

I'm not 100% sure.

thanks

Just a my .02 most of those D30 axles had cv axle shafts. Unless it is a disco but I don't think they had the disco till late 86-87. If you run that 91 hard you need to find some new shafts.

I had an 84 4 cyl XJ long ago...It had 3.73...Manual trans....It's not 100% 4.10's.

Just a my .02 most of those D30 axles had cv axle shafts. Unless it is a disco but I don't think they had the disco till late 86-87. If you run that 91 hard you need to find some new shafts.6 Hours Ago 01:43

it does have disconnects, so does this make the axle stronger then the CV style shafts?

I think I will go and jack it up and spin the tires to see what gearing is in it.

thanks guys

Back