• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Selling my 96 XJ - 4000 obo

Israel

NAXJA Forum User
I've spent waaaaayy too much on the ZJ I'm fixing up and need to sell the XJ to repair the damage to my savings account. Here are the details.

96 Cherokee Sport with 150,000 miles
4.0 motor
Auto tranny
Power Windows and door locks
Cruise Control
Tilt Steering
Driver’s Air bag
AC
NP231 t-case

Upgrades (the good)
• 31" BFG AT's on 8" wide AR wheels (tires are pretty worn)
• 4.5" RE coils in the front, 1” leaf springs with 2” shackle (3” total) lift in the back
• 4.56 gears front and rear
• Detroit Softlockers front and rear
• B&M tranny cooler, remote spin-on filter and autometer tranny temp gauge
• Custom rear bumper
• Custom front bumper made to hold winch up and out of the way
• Conical style air filter upgrade
• Last year I replaced the windshield, brake booster and master cylinder

The Bad
• I took it swimming last fall at Moab. The ONLY problems I’ve had since is the wet dog smell that hung around for a few weeks until it dried out and the O2 sensor went out a week later.
• The front pinion bearing needs replacing. It causes a vibration when on the freeway and the front shaft in.
• There is a pop coming from the suspension in the front. I think it is a control arm bushing.
• I cut the rear quarter panels higher than I meant to, but bushwackers should cover them just fine.
• Drivers window moves up and down very slowly in the winter.
• Front bumper still needs to be drilled for a winch and painted.
• Rear hatch wiring not connected.

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. I’m looking to get 4,000 obo. I may look at parting it out later if no one wants it whole.

I've already sold the bumpers, sorry. The intake setup is pretty simple. It's just a 3" tube with a 90 degree bend in it and a conical filter on the end.

Israel said:
I've already sold the bumpers, sorry. The intake setup is pretty simple. It's just a 3" tube with a 90 degree bend in it and a conical filter on the end.

Sounds like just what I need, how much if you still have it?

Alright, how about this? I keep the front and rear axles and the tranny cooler and sell the jeep as described above (minus the front bumper and headlight trim on the passenger side) for 2500. I have a front high pinion Dana 30 non-disco that I can throw in so you'd just need a rear axle for it to be a driver.

Anyone?

Do you mean the spare D30 I have? If so, its from an 87 XJ, high pinion, non-disconnect, and is complete including the brakes. If you want to pull it, I'd go 100.00.

Back