• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep mods on Sat Tri tip tacos for dinner

livewire

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone on sat the 24th I will be doing the closed to open cooling system on one of my 88’s, trimming my fenders, cutting my quarter panels, and changing my rear hatch, my current one is broken. While I am able to do it all myself, If anyone wants to come by and help or watch that would be great. I will be working from about 8:00am on. I am planning on making tri tip tacos and margaritas for dinner, for any who want to stay.

I live in Burbank Give me a call if you are coming over , I will give you my exact address. 818 434-2932

while you have that radiator out you might as well change the water pump and hoses while you are at it. you'll thank yourself later.

Just get one of the water pumps from Autozone with the lifetime warranties. I did my cooling system upgrade on my 89 and two months later my water pump went out. I did have a sq. inch of skin on my hands that were not cut to shit.

I'd offer to help but its too far =)

sintax, did you notice your temp acting better after that upgrade? I'm considering it myself. I overheated a bit thru Yucca Valley last weekend, probably get a stock radiator for now, but that cooling system is just....freaky what with the bottle and all lol.

my temps were never "bad" but I DID notice an improvement. I also put a late model ported thermostat housing with a 180* stat in it. I've never seen mine over 190* on the open road, no matter how hot it was outside. On the trail its a different story as the heat soak creeps in a bit. Even then with the aux fan on it wont go over 205-210*

Back