• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Cheapest NP231 Upgrade?

Uh, what part are you looking to upgrade?

AN 231HD chain, an HD Super Shorty SYE, a 2 Low kit, and a TeraLow 4.1 kit. That's about as much polish as you can take a 231. Although after all that, you can afford to flip and build a D300.

Better yet, cut it up and ise it as a doubler in front of a gear driven case.

if you're just looking to beef it on the cheap, go and grab a 231C from a chevy with a 4.3 in it.
then take the planetary setup and the chain. The chebby case used 6 planetaries instead of 3, and the chain is half again wider.

x2. Wider chain and a JB or AA SYE will be just fine

not sure, but you can pick up the chevy case in a yard for $100, then just buy a new chain for it.
The chain is really the only major wear part.

add on this, what can be done to a 242?
other than swapping?

I have 231 AMC in my 88 xj Stock (Or atleast that is what the tag say's). I just did the SYE. I bought mine from Rusty's offroad. This unit is sold by Rusty's but it comes from Advanced Adapters. Everything was there in the Box and New. And installation was a snap. I picked mine up for $200.00 and some shipping. Good luck. I have lots of Pictures of the Install if you need them

Back