• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full traction Long arm lenght

krawler

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a Full Traction 6" Long Arm kit. Can anyone give me a measurement of there upper and lower arms. That way I'll be close on the lenghts and only need to fine tune it a little. TIA

krawler said:
I just bought a Full Traction 6" Long Arm kit. Can anyone give me a measurement of there upper and lower arms. That way I'll be close on the lengths and only need to fine tune it a little. TIA
I used different springs with mine, SJ 8" but I will give you my measurements just for reference, should be really close. Be back in 5 mins.

edit:
lowers:32"
uppers:28.75"

good luck.

Last edited:
i just installed mine a few weeks ago and had to damn near have them twisted all the way in to get them to fit. i bet u could run up to 8 or 9 inchs of lift with the full traction arms.

Don't worry about that. When you install them you do the tops or bottoms first (can't remember), your axle should stay put while you change them out. When I installed my FT kit, I put the front axle on jackstands and never moved it. Just took the old arms off and adjusted the long arms to fit and was good to go. I installed the same 6" kit so if you run into issues PM me. Hopefully Full-Traction updated their installation instructions, there were some things that they left out. I had to relocate my parking brake cable rearward and cut off the original lower control arm brackets. I was also missing some hardware...

Atrain said:
Don't worry about that. When you install them you do the tops or bottoms first (can't remember), your axle should stay put while you change them out. When I installed my FT kit, I put the front axle on jackstands and never moved it. Just took the old arms off and adjusted the long arms to fit and was good to go. I installed the same 6" kit so if you run into issues PM me. Hopefully Full-Traction updated their installation instructions, there were some things that they left out. I had to relocate my parking brake cable rearward and cut off the original lower control arm brackets. I was also missing some hardware...

Thanks. I was hoping to just yank out the front and rear axles to paint and do some other stuff, that's why I was hoping to get some measurements. I kind of thought it was odd they forgot to tell you to cut them off. But I'm not that much of a noob. I'm missing some hardware and the relocation mounts for the sway bar links.

I would set up your long arms first so you know it's exactly as it was, then yank it out for paint. If you need me to measure mine for you I will, but I imagine that length can vary from XJ to XJ. One other thing, on the top long arms, where they mount to the unibody frame, make sure you put the gusset side up, I put them facing down and they are hitting the bracket. As far as the front sway bar, their disconnects suck to get on and off unless you are on totaly flat ground. I leave mine disconnected most of the time. Carry zip ties to hold your sway bar and end links up because those pins are easy to lose and tough to find on the trail (don't ask me how I know).

Jeep017Small.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to bring this thread back, but this is the only one I found in my search. Can anyone give a rough measurment for top and bottoms with the 6" FT spring. Also, what amount of caster did you get with this measurment? Thanks alot.

Back