• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air bag light ?

bfred

NAXJA Forum User
I recently bought a 97 xj, and while driving, every once in a while the air bag light comes on. Makes no sense to me because its not staying on, or storing any codes in the system (yes i have a scanner that reads air bag systems). Thinking it has to be an intermitent power problem or maybe ground? This is the only thing I can think of that wouldn't store a code. Has anyone ever seen this before? Checked fuses/fuse box connections all looks good, don't know where to try next. Thanks in advance!

take it to Jeep dealer and have them see if it fall under the recall. mine has been on for awhile now just to lazy to take it in. if it falls under the recall they will fix it for free.

Thanks for the info. Never bothered to check, but just looked in my shoplink program and there is a recall listed. Covers vehicles built between july 96 thru june 99. I hope it still applies! Also two more recalls listed, one for inaccurate fuel guage, and one for corroding front rotors. Also lists a ph # for chrysler to call 1-800-992-1997 Gonna try that tomorrow. Thanks again! never even thought to check.

recalls are good no matter what, i am not the 1st owner of my XJ and they will still do it.

Back