• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Cranks but doesnt run HELP PLEASE!

dannemec

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, my jeep doesnt start but it will crank over. It spudders but doesnt start. I just bought new plugs that i will replace tomorrow and we also moved the distributor because we thought that it was replaced incorrectly. after we changed the distibiutor it started to spudder. It has a new used motor that we swapped in it and now it is just a matter of getting it to run. Im thinking maybe it is flooded because of all the gas we gave it. We get spark, fuel, and everything seems like it should run. If any of you have any ideas that would be great. Thanks

Go through and make sure the #1 cylinder is at top dead center on the compression stroke and the rotor is pointing at #1 plug wire. Sounds like the distributor is badly out of time or a plug wire or 2 got mixed up. I don't care how sure you are it didn't, go check that the wires are in the correct order before you do anything else.

If the dist is off a tooth or 2, it could be the culprit. If the motor ran fine until you messed with the distributor, then that is the problem....probably. I've seen weirder.

Back