• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody have a S&W cage?

shmoken875

NAXJA Forum User
just got a 10pt S&W race cars cage, which I have yet to install, or even see yet and I was wondering if anyone has a pic of it installed, because the company doesn't even have a pic, and the info pack doesn't have a schematic either.

is it just me, or does that sound like a leap of faith?

lol...i just meant it seemed kinda strange to me i guess that you would buy a cage without having seen what it looks like....unless did i misunderstand your first post maybe?? maybe it is just me, who knows...wouldn't be the first time

5spd_xj said:
lol...i just meant it seemed kinda strange to me i guess that you would buy a cage without having seen what it looks like....unless did i misunderstand your first post maybe?? maybe it is just me, who knows...wouldn't be the first time
nah s&w is highly, highly respected, I just bought the cage second hand from a trusted guy that my friend bought axles off of. The cage is already mine and picked up by my buddy, I just haven't had a chance to get it outta his warehouse, and therefor haven't seen it.

gotcha...i comprende now haha...when you do get it installed, post a pic please, i'm interested now......

Man that is some cageorama!!! post up some befores and after shots please....

Wow, and my friends complain about how much of a b*tch it is to get into my back seats as it is, hell they would have no chance if I had that cage.

Begster said:
Wow, and my friends complain about how much of a b*tch it is to get into my back seats as it is, hell they would have no chance if I had that cage.
yea I get that too, but as long as my junk doesn't fold in two I dont give a funk what they say, don't worry I'll post before & after pics when the time comes

Seems like a poor idea to me. Purchasing a cage online? I thought about it, but it's just never going to fit as well as a custom cage built on-site, in your truck.

If you're in Florida or Georgia, I know a good cage shop. They only build cages and he builds cages for some of the fastest drag cars on the planet--for cheap! ;)

I got it shipped to my door when they were having a Christmas special for under $300. It was like $229 on sale plus shipping.

I don't have a bender. I hate bugging my buddies to use their benders. I also prefer to work on my junk at my house and not at my buddies. It's also not worth saving $40 or so to bend it myself and run the risk of over bending something.

If you have a bender and some tube you are hooked up. If you have a buddy who does great cages for $300 you are hooked up. For the rest of us... we have to mail order our stuff.

bigolexj said:
Seems like a poor idea to me. Purchasing a cage online? I thought about it, but it's just never going to fit as well as a custom cage built on-site, in your truck.

If you're in Florida or Georgia, I know a good cage shop. They only build cages and he builds cages for some of the fastest drag cars on the planet--for cheap! ;)
We'll I'm in Blacksburg VA and the cage was in Richmond so it was pretty close, no shipping and such. Plus if need be, I have access to a tube bender. The price was right in my case.

Back