• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some help.

kbradner

NAXJA Forum User
I did a few things to my 88 strait 6 automatic jeep today;
1. cleaned battery post with that spray.
2. changed rear diff fluid (had mud and water in it)
3. checked front diff .
4. changed air filter
5. checked a few electrical connections
6. Sprayed that throttle cleaner in my throttle body and cleaned it up a little.
Now my jeep idles very very low and when I accelerate it hesitates. Around 35 & 45 it vibrates real bad when I give it a little gas. What could be wrong?:dunno:

Also on my air filter tube ( from rustys) I have one side with a hole that a hose goes in to and the other side there is also a hole, no hose to go to that hole? What goes there? On the top of the motor there is a short hose (looks homemade) that comes out of a valve and it leads nowhere but has alot of suction, when I stick my finger over it, the motor shuts off. Should I be running this somewhere.

Last edited:
take the iac out of the tb and clean all the carbon off it good, run a can of seafoam through the tb, and make sure all the vaccum lines are hooked up. You might have a bad 02 sensor or the cat may be bad.
If you need help, PM me. I also live in Knoxville and have a Renix you can look at for the vaccum routing.

Thanks everyone. Well I figured it out. Stupid me, I put the air intake hose on wrong so the throttle body wasnt breating correctly. Where can I by sea foam? Is the IAC in the throttle body? What do I clean it with?

most autoparts stores carry Seafoam. I never use any fuel injector/fuel addative that does not come in a metal can....that way you know its strong enough to eat the carbon away.

Yes, the iac is in the throttle body. The only things in the tb should be the iac and the tps. The iac is the little round one. It should be attached with 2 (i think) small torx bolts. I usually use carb cleaner and a wire brush on them.

Back