• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 question

blaisetd

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if anyone has broken an 8.8 shaft? Going to the Superlift park in Arkansas next month. This will be the first trip with this axle. Considering picking up some spare shafts.
BTW 8.8 4.10's Lockright and 35" MTRs

IMHO: Unless you drive like a moron, I wouldn't worry about it. I've got a buddy on 38's that does drive like a moron... stock shafts and hasn't broken anything. Back when I had my 8.8, breaking a shaft with 35's and a Detriot never crossed my mind.

There is a rig around here with a SBC, auto and nitrous on 36 boggers and a 8.8 with welded tubes, a detroit and 4.56....at the mudhole, I think the rear is the only thing he hasn't broke.

Only a couple. Once was with a 2.5 and 36s bouncing up a ledge. It's a pretty stout axle. If you can afford it, get the Superior Super 8.8 and you won't have to worry about it.

I used the super88 kit and have the clean stock shafts if anybody wants to make an offer.

??? how much???

Back