• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

click clank while turning

brak

NAXJA Forum User
lately ive noticed a click/clank type sound from my left front wheel when pulling in/out of parking spots.

any ideas on what this could be ? where to start ?

01 XJ 6cyl auto sport, stock suspension at the moment. 235/75/15's

recent brake job gone bad
front unit bearing
front axle ujoint
ball joint
tie rods
track bar frame side attachment
lug nuts loose :peace:

iahve the same issue. kind of a binding. check the tie rod ends and axle u joints. unless you have cv. i think mine is binding in the u joint

thanks guys

brakes have always been an underlying concern to me since i got the jeep in sept. they stop good, but they squeak and sometimes feel weird in the rain/snow.

:skull2:

most likely a bad u-joint. jack up the front end and check for play in the joint. if no luck there check for play in the ball joints, grab the top of the wheel and try and rock it back and forth

i too have discovered a similar noise so i went to check my U joints. I just crawled under it while it was parked. I grabbed on to the axleshaft and was able to rotate it back and forth a little and i witnessed the play in my front u joint. so my question is, how much (if any) wiggle room is ok to have in the joint? Also, since currently im not able to fix it, is it a bad thing to keep driving on a loose u joint, could i cause any more damage like possibly wrecking the yoke on the axle shaft or the wheel side?

Back