• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How To Remove 97+ Washer Fluid Bottle?

oo7ravisXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to take mine out to find out y its leaking, but the pour spout that reaches into the engine compartment dosnt seem to fit through the hole that goes through the sheet metal. This is the only thing keeping it from coming out, does it twist off or somthing? Thanks, Travis

well its real easy, you pull real hard carefully! it just is grommetted in there, dont twist the thing, kinda rock it as you pull it, and you have to hold your tounge just the right way!

Ya just pull it out like lazarus said. I had the same problem with mine leaking, but it was because I was too lazy to pull it out when I was installing my snorkel and accidentally drilled into it. Sucks too cause I had just topped it off.

on this topic, after getting the bottle out what is required to swap the 97 bottle for one that would be in the engine compartment? Can I simply pull one off an older model and wire it up? or are there certain requirements (pumps, wiring, hoses) that I have to look for in a replacement.

if you coose to use one under hood, you are going to need to do some changing of the wiring, it all terminates under drivers headlight where electrics are for the washer pumps. also rerouting of the hoses will be in order. looked like a huge pain in the a$$ to me, I left mine there.I took mine out when i did the snorkel instal

Back