• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix to High Output

Hella-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1990 XJ with a Renix motor and im building a 4.5 stroker and would like to convert to a high output top end (i can get my hands on a 99 intake manifold with throttle body with a 01 wireing harness) i was wondering if i could use the old renix head? I know the IAC would have to go and my TPS has to change but im not sure how.
-Keep Jeepin

Having swapped my renix for a high output already, I would stay away from the renix head. You can use all of your renix sensors on the high output. You just have to get the adapter for the throttle position sensor. I kept the renix computer, sensors, and injectors. (Could not get the newer injectors to work right)

When you go with the high output head you can use your newer intake which flows more air and update the exhaust with a inexpensive APN header.

Back