• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axles for an 8.8

sik4wheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to get a new set of axles for the rear end and would like to keep the stockers as spares. What are my choices? I have an 89xj with a f8.8 out of a 95xploder. I am currently running 34s and my next set of tires might be 35, but no bigger.

I forgot to mention my choices of axles. Are there chromoly shafts and if so who makes them and how much. I talked to a guy at westcoast diff. and he said that I shouldn't get chromoly shafts b/c they are brittle and instead of twisting they will just shatter. Do i get them anyway, or are OEM shafts good enough. What else is there? Thank you.

sheeks175 said:
OEM 8.8 shafts r hella burely. They wont brake with 35s. Get shafts if you go any bigger i guess. This is just what ive heard.

You heard wrong then.....

Gaius said:
I would get the Super 8.8 kit of I was running one. Never have to worry about it again.

What he said. If I ever break a shaft or come into some money, thats what I will be putting in the rear of mine. So far I have had no fear with a 4.6L stroker, manual tranny, and 35s on my Ford 8.8. Its been flawless so far even with smoke rolling off the tires :viking:

AARON

Back