• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

From Riches to RAGS!?!?!

sgt_ic3m4n

NAXJA Forum User
Left the 'States about 8 months ago, had to leave my XJ behind! Thought about shipping it out here but would have set me back $2000 plus. That's money I could spend on upgrades. So I got to lookin' and found a 1990 (GERMAN SPECS!!) for $500. Had to replace the rear shocks and transfer output seal to get it to pass inspection and get plates on it. Now the fun begins yet again, and I'm gonna go crazy with it, cuz I miss my other baby soooo much. Here are pics of both --
>Here's the one I left behind...

Picture024.jpg

Another shot...
PHOT0013_edited.jpg

Here's the new one...
PHOT0014.jpg

Another shot of the new project...
PHOT0015.jpg

I already started on the front bumper. I stripped the end caps off and it had some funky light mounts too. I'm gonna do some fender trimming, while trying to stay in line with the stupid laws out here. It is illegal to have tires sticking out from the fenders even a quarter inch! So I've been thinking about doing what that "Project Spartan" truck looks like. Lemme know what you guys think! Oh yeah, and I want to start an INTERNATIONAL chapter for NAXJA too!

Nice new ride man, uhmm get those TJ flares that are like 5" and you'll be good to go. The turn signals looks wierd not use to it being blacked out and relocated to the fender like that. Too bad about your old one looked very clean.

Welcome to Europe, Man I am with you on the international chapter, was thinking the same.

There not meant to be blacked out, should be orange. Guess the previous owner painted them.

Definitely get some orange lenses for the corner markers, get some bushwacker or rusty's flares, relocate the side marker to below or above the Cherokee badge and you should be good to go.

Thanks Arran! Just for an update, I just did my first "HACK" job on the fenders. Right side came out great but the left side (i did first) looks like C-R-A-P. pics to come.

The "old" rig is a 2000 Classic with 3.5" RE, T-case drop kit, rear axle shimmed to 3 degrees, engine has stage 2 JET performance module, high rise throttle body spacer, and AIRAID cold air intake. And that's not a marker on the side it's actually a turn signal it blinks just like the ones on the front, not the blacked out ones.

Don’t relocate the side indicator, the reason its there is so that it can be seen from behind, side and rear. In <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:country-region w:st=
Switzerland</st1:country-region> they don’t car about it (Got a <st1:country-region w:st=" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Switzerland</st1:country-region> they don’t care about it (i have got
<st1:place w:st="on">US</st1:place> model that doesn’t have it and they don’t make me add it) but in some EU counties they can be quit anal about it. I spent loads off time on the Base in <st1:City w:st="on">Mannheim</st1:City> / <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Heidelberg</st1:place></st1:City> before my buddy’s term was up. Loved it, had a blast every time.

i was just wondering...i have the same jeep the 2000 that u had and i have a 3.5in lift....i love those rims...what are the specs on the lift and tires that it had???

Well if you have to have 6-7 members in the red to start a chapter...... wouldnt that be contradictory? after all its the North American XJ assoc.
They'd be payin from EU

Just a thought

First of all, I'm a paying member and I'm in Europe. I'm from the U.S. though and I wheeled my XJ for 4 years out there. Now I'm over here and still wheelin an XJ. I don't think at all it would be contradictory as long as we're all either from North America or have been wheeling there at some point in time, don't you agree? Or should I be shunned because when my country called upon me to serve overseas, I answered the call? Same goes for anyone else who would want to be in the International Chapter. This thing is bigger than you and me, let's go WORLDWIDE, hell - www.WXJA.org Worldwide XJ Association. And just for the record I still own the 2000 Classic, it's parked at my Parents' place in Colorado Springs. And those are factory wheels with 26575R16's. I'm one of those guys that likes the look of a lifted XJ with factory wheels, I'd never get aftermarket wheels.

sgt_ic3m4n said:
First of all, I'm a paying member and I'm in Europe. I'm from the U.S. though and I wheeled my XJ for 4 years out there. Now I'm over here and still wheelin an XJ. I don't think at all it would be contradictory as long as we're all either from North America or have been wheeling there at some point in time, don't you agree? Or should I be shunned because when my country called upon me to serve overseas, I answered the call? Same goes for anyone else who would want to be in the International Chapter. This thing is bigger than you and me, let's go WORLDWIDE, hell - www.WXJA.org Worldwide XJ Association. And just for the record I still own the 2000 Classic, it's parked at my Parents' place in Colorado Springs. And those are factory wheels with 26575R16's. I'm one of those guys that likes the look of a lifted XJ with factory wheels, I'd never get aftermarket wheels.
Hey I like the 2000, looks wicked sick, and I think the factory wheels look good on it too.

And calm down a bit (I don't mean that in an a$$hole way), I have heard someone before say they wanted to start an international chapter, and I think they were in Germany too. I think it would be a great idea, I know we have a bunch of people on here that are from over seas, and I think thats great. Definitely try and start something up, It would show just how large the group really is.

And also, as for you answering the call, I'm glad someone had the balls to do it. I thank you for doing your part and serving, and keeping this country safe. I think that its the politics behind the war sometimes that overshadows the true sacrifice poeple like yourself make, and casts a shadow on it. Thanks.

platinum5.9 said:
How are the 265/75 w/ the RE 3.5. Any rubbing? Any pics on flat ground?

Yes, I too am interested to hear about the 265's on your 2000. In your flex pic, it looks like there is a little more room for up-travel. Do you have extended bumpstops in the front? If so, approximately how much longer than stock?

I'm running 2" and 245's on a very similar Jeep - I don't really have plans to go any bigger, but whenever I see a 3.5" and 265 configuration, I get to thinking ... :)

This is what happens when I stuff my 245's. Its not as much of a problem anymore because I have an aftermarket bumper. Anyway, I'm wondering how much bumpstop extension one needs to prevent this with 265's without trimming.

115093371_1e50cf7fe7.jpg

Oh, also love your new Jeep! :D

The 265's only rub a little bit. And only under a LOT of flex, basically the limits of the suspensions flex will cause the tires to rub a little. I have no extended bump stops on that rig. That would be one of my next additions, just to stop that little bit of rub, probably one inch longer bump stop would stop it from rubbing, hope that helps.

Hey Sgt, there is a thread in the members forum about starting a new group, don't know if you have seen it or not, but I remembered I had seen something about it somewhere. Take a look at it, it highlights all the things you would need to become a chapter, like 15 guys, etc.

Back