• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New CV driveshaft (PICS)

bmyohn

NAXJA Forum User
Today i got my Driveshaft and shims in from RE

its quite beefy compared to stock...my SYE is on backorder till friday
frown.gif

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4514.jpg

IMG_4515.jpg

shims:
IMG_4518.jpg

my speedo gear so i dont get pulled over
2thumbup.gif

IMG_4519.jpg

i cant wait to install this stuff so i can drive my jeep and hear what the person next to me is saying at the same time!!

Brendan
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Nice. Let us know how it goes and how it helps your vibes. I recently did a RE 3.5 and did install a TC drop. The only vibes I get are occasional when I let off the gas. I'll probably do the SYE soon.

the shims set me back 30 bucks

the driveshaft by itself was 300 if im doing the math right, and the whole SYE is 500

its the Omix Ada HD SYE

CSXJ - i get those vibes too, im hoping it will fix those, (i didnt do the TC Drop at all)

ouch! Expensive SYE.

Nice DS though, and a fair price. I think I'll be havinging mine made locally so as to "give back to the community" lol. I've got a front shaft to use to donate the Dbl Cardan joint...

it was mad expensive..but it will strengthen the rear a lot and would be better off i the long run!! well worth the money IMO!

I only paid $200US shipped for mine from PORC. Just wondering what makes the one you bought worth the more than double the price. Or does that $500 include the price of the DS? When you say "whole SYE" do you mean the whole system involved or just the kit to convert the tcase?

It would have been 200 but with the DS it was 500

the output shaft isnt here yet

the 500 is for the DS, shims, and the beefier output shaft from the TC

CSXJ - i got the 4* steel shims from RE

ert01 - glad to hear that u like the floor, dunno how they did it so well, but it looks cool when u walk in the door!!

BAD NEWS - the SYE is on backorder until April 20th...this sucks and is starting to get annoying

i paid an extra 60 bucks to go through JO, and now theyre telling me that its on backorder for a second time

when it supposed to get here i will have waited for over a month for this thing!!

i would do that but i already received the DS and Shims, and JO said that i shouldnt mess with it since they come as a kit

Why didnt you spend a dookload less and do a do-it-yourself SYE like me and quite a few others on here have done, i know the tom woods shaft is nice and all, but a front driveshaft/corvette yoke has always worked fine for me.

I spent a total of like 160$

2v00bk4.jpg

Last edited:
i figured it would last longer, be stronger, and it was a kit that i didnt have to mess with, everything came together

i needed something quick, which this has turned out not to be, and would last for a long time

Brendan

Back