• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Party!! This Sunday!!!

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

There will be lift party at my house this Sunday. We will be installing a 3" Rough Country lift with add-a-leafs.

Time:9:30 AM

Place: 25251 Arder Court, Lake Forest, CA 92630

Map: http://tinyurl.com/2q9v2u

Depending on time and people, we may do a little more work, like fenders and front end (grill and bezel) install!!

BTW, I have started spraying the bolts with PB Blaster!!

See you on SUNDAY!!!

There will be drinks and hot dogs provided.

This is a great learning experience if you are new to Jeeps or just want to help out.

Bah, don't think I can make it this weekend. Piss poor broke, outta gas, and gotta do the family thing this weekend anywho...but if ya don't finish and ya need more help the following weekend, I'm in fer certain! =)

hehe, trying to build up brownie points now for when I do my engine swap later :shhh:

stupid work... hope you guys have fun! i'm jealous and would love to be there... :)

sorry I wont be able to make it. Ive been wheeling and wrenching already too much for the wife to handle

rpraterxj said:
This is a great learning experience if you are new to Jeeps or just want to help out.

that cought my attention. well mostly the hot dogs. well i'l try. kinda far from me though...

Awesome!

If you plan on stopping by, please post up so we can account for food and drink.

Plans:
Start: 9:00 AM
Install lift - add a leafs, coils, shocks, etc...
Install front fenders, header panel, grill, lights, etc
Install front bumper
Double check all nuts and bolts on front end

eat and drink

Robert,
I'll come twist wrenches with you. It's time for my initial NAXJA appearance.
Are there any tools I could bring? I have air tools and a cheap torque wrench plus all the regular things. Let me know. It will probably be just me. I'm no mechanic but I own 2 Jeeps so being able to work on them just goes without saying. I put a RE 3.5" lift with full rear packs on my XJ in Oct. But then I took it in for the much needed SYE. I do know my limitations. well....
See you Sunday.

BajaCurt said:
Robert,
I'll come twist wrenches with you. It's time for my initial NAXJA appearance.
Are there any tools I could bring? I have air tools and a cheap torque wrench plus all the regular things. Let me know. It will probably be just me. I'm no mechanic but I own 2 Jeeps so being able to work on them just goes without saying. I put a RE 3.5" lift with full rear packs on my XJ in Oct. But then I took it in for the much needed SYE. I do know my limitations. well....
See you Sunday.

Sounds great! Look forward to seeing you.

I have a good assortment of tools, but not everything. Folks usually bring a variety of tools and have them in their vehicle, just in case. I know Mike R is going to bring a couple of large C-clamps for the rear spring build. Other than that, we should be OK.

Thanks!

djblade311 said:
how did it go?

It was great!

It was me, Rollins, Mike (From SD), and Curt (New guy). No major issues, except I had 3 things going on at the same time and was not able to contribute as much help as I wanted.

I did get some pictures, but I have not downloaded them from my camera. i will do that tonight.

Ashley's Jeep is almost done! Rollins also installed the frotn fenders. We have to make a junkyard run for some small fastenres, nuts, and bolts. We also have to look for a different header pane. The one that we donated is cracked. we aslo have to find a hood.

Hope another 2 weeks and we will be done.

Pic later....

Sorry I couldn't make it.. I've been working on my heep for the last 3 days and finally finished yesterday evening..

I'll try to make the next one..

Elias

EliasJ123 said:
Sorry I couldn't make it.. I've been working on my heep for the last 3 days and finally finished yesterday evening..

I'll try to make the next one..

Elias

No sweat! Just watch the posts. Not sure if there will be another full on work party as we only have a few small things to get done, but heck, anyone can always stop by.

rpraterxj said:
No sweat! Just watch the posts. Not sure if there will be another full on work party as we only have a few small things to get done, but heck, anyone can always stop by.

WTF???
You guys arn't done with Smashly's Heep yet?
Milk it guys.....

:D
Rick

Jump This said:
WTF???
You guys arn't done with Smashly's Heep yet?
Milk it guys.....

:D
Rick

Took a while to get enough parts to even start. We have actually on worked on it 2 days!!

All that is left is a few little things.... see above...:cheers:

Rob
The hooks & brackets should be there some time Thurs. I took them in this afternoon.

Curt

Fantastic!

Thanks!

Back