• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn M8000 solenoid

LilRedRover

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so maybe I am cheap, maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment, but I refuse to pay warn for a bracket to mount the solenoid to the winch. Every winch I have owned previously has been integrated so I need some of your ideas on what you've thought of or done. Pics would be helpful if you have em. Currently mine is ziptied to the grill slats, which isn't a very good solution. Thanks in advance.

Duke

I mounted mine in the engine bay as well. 1. it removes temptation for people to mess with it (I heard horror stories of idiots unspooling the winch cable, wrapping it around axles and shorting out selenoids to get it going).

I don't have pictures of it as my folks borrowed the camera when they went vacation but it's up front in the engine bay as I no longer use a stock airbox so that made some room for other things.

Last edited:
thanks gents

Back