• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Techanical Camo Application

1985xjlaredo

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone ever done any came paint jobs like this?
Max4HR.jpg

Sorry for this massive pic but Its the only one I can find a smaller one that is a link. This is a pic of the actual stencil package that it comes with.
advantage%20max4lg.gif

Just wanted some pointers or any info on the kit if anyone knows. I can take my Jeep out of service for any amount of time so thats not an issue. Just wondered if there were any thigns that I needed to worry about before I buy this and start it. Also what do I do about my crome bumpers? Any good way to get the chrome off of them or should I just rough it up and paint over it. Any advice would be great. Thanks Zan

I have not done the technical camo but as far as your chrome bumbers go you can either rough them up or you may be able to sell them and get some painted ones from the junk yard. my front bumper (went from chrome to painted) was a junkyard piece that cost me all of $10, it was a little dinged but I was not looking for a show piece. Sandblasting/Glass beading the chrome would probably rough it up enough.

Well that was just an example of what I was looking for. here is what it is a toos between.So I'm not really sure which one to do?
Painted%20Sample%20Group%20w_Logoslarge.jpg

Well Ill be able to see the wheels and the windows wilol have some glare.

I'm already pretty good with the air brush. As you can see there are about 256 different colors involved in there pictures so no spray can job is going to look as good aas the examples. I was thinking of maybe a total of 10 colors for the RealTree camo.

I hear that Alabama is gonna use that mossy oak pattern for their state flag soon.

I've seen one of the mossyoak patterns on a couple rigs here in washington.I'm pretty sure its a large vinyl sheet that you cutout and stick on.

OlyWa

Back