• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS or RE trackbar?

glennv

NAXJA Forum User
JKS or RE trackbar?
Right now I have no lift. I plan to run between 2-3 inches at some point. My stock bar is pretty beat so I might as well upgrade. i have the RE 16xx on my TJ.

Which is better/has a stiffer bushing? The RE or the JKS? Any other trackbar options?

For that much lift, go for the JKS. Stay away from the one shot wonders like the RE 1600 and all the other $100 cheapo trackbars. You definately get what you pay for.

Is there a forum that i cant find where someone has already done the figures on how long a trackbar should be depending on different lift heights?

Thanks

yes its me again gottabejeep

Another vote for RE. I've been really happy with my RE 1600. Admittedly, it works best in the RE bracket.

Attaching a heim to the factory bracket is a less than perfect solution and looking at the install instructions for the previously recommended JKS requires that you mount it in single shear as well. This really isn't the best way to do it. These joints are best designed to work in a rotational axis around the bolt, which should be horizontal. Having them work the way depicted in the JKS instructions may limit droop and will likely cause premature wear of the joint. I know it does in the heim of the RE 1600 when installed that way.

I remember looking at this thread a while back and i got to thinking you said you had zero lift right now and PLANNED on adding lift later and wanted to purchase an adjustable track bar to replace your worn out one. I recently noticed/learned that with a lot of trackbars you need to have atleast 3"s of lift because that is as short as they will adjust and with my 3" it needed to actually adjust a little more and it wouldnt (Rough Country unfortunately). So becareful on what you purchase because you may need the lift??

However it may not kill things either to push your front end over for a short while if you intend to get the lift soon.????? I only say that because your suppose to not really need an adjustable trackbar with a 3" lift. I think mine ended up only about 3/8 of an inch short. So an adjustable trackbar may only be 3/8 of an inch to long. Sorry probably to much guessing.:huh: LOL

Back