• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Machining wheel spacers/adapters

zfinger

NAXJA Forum User
I'm a machine tool student at the local community college. I have a D44 from an Isuzu Rodeo and I want to make a set of wheel spacers/adapters to fit. The Rodeo is a 6 lug and the Jeep of corse is 5 lug. The D44 is also a little narrower so I need the spacers to keep the right stance.

What material should I use to make the spacers? Aluminum? Steel?

I'm going to go search for some specs now, but maybe someone can repost it here if they know any of it.

I need to find:
Isuzu D44 width (59"?) and 8.25 Width so I know how thick to make the spacers
Isuzu D44 tube diameter so I can make the perches
Isuzu D44 bolt pattern
Izuzu D44 gear ratios

Last edited:
white_elephant said:
i dont think they make spacers to make 6 bolts a 5 bolts..just sell those rimes get the rigth ones....

Maybe you missed something...

I'm going to MAKE these spacers. And If I sold 2 rims I would have to carry 2 spares, or change over the fronts. It's easier to just MAKE some spacers. And yes, they can be bought too.

Most are made from 6061T6.

zfinger said:
Maybe you missed something...

I'm going to MAKE these spacers. And If I sold 2 rims I would have to carry 2 spares, or change over the fronts. It's easier to just MAKE some spacers. And yes, they can be bought too.

where can i buy them??

the reason no body makes them is that i believe the lugs end up overlapping and their is no possible way of rotating the pattern so none of them overlap

Back