• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fixing no start wiring issue

wild_thing

NAXJA Forum User
After repairing my steering column due to some little buggers trying to steal her(neighbor lady chased the little 'tards away), my XJ wouldn't start.
I figured that this was a great opportunity to do some maintenance on ground wires and such while I fixed what was wrong. Grounds seemed ok, cleaned them any way just because it's a Renix. While diagnosing an intermittent no power to the ignition switch, I found that the 12V lead was disconnecting (corrosion?) from the wiring harness. That would be the wiring harness right below the clutch master cylinder, the one that got replaced for leaking....
Well I took her apart cleaned both sides and the fuse block, fixed that wiring issue. Probably a good lesson for those that replace a leaking clutch master cylinder, to clean the heck out of your wiring harness, just to make sure.

Cheers,

Back