• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

86 4.5" superflex

pb_beaker

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking of putting on a 4.5" superflex add a leaf kit on my 86. I was also thinking of putting on some rear shackles. Are there any problems i could come accross along the way like needing new drive shafts or any unexpected parts. I was also thinking of putting on 33" tires. Would i need to cut the fenders? What shackles would you suggest? Any info or photos would help.

If you try the search feature you should be able to find all you need on that lift. It is very common.

But for now...... i believe that lift kit comes with comes with shackles ( i know the RE full leaf pack kit does).
Every XJ is different but you might get away with out a SYE as you have an early model. But it should be something you should prepare to do.
And Yes, you will have to trim and bumpstop accordingly for 33's.

and sure, here is a pic for your reference. RE 4.5 superflex kit with 3/4 spacer up front and 33's.

IMG_2505.jpg

Back