• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie Johnny Joints?

Gaius

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to build a 3-link with trackbar for the Cherokee, and would like to know what the Currie Johnny Joints look like without the shank. I'm going to use them at both ends and not sure the provision to attach the joint directly to the tube. Thanks for any help..

I dont have a pic of the currie.. but they look similar to these.
t_1990.jpg

just a bare round tube.

I have the Currie's with the shank under my TJ, and the housing seems to be cast? I may be mistaken, though. That's all I'm worried about, not being able to weld directly to it.

I'm pritty sure none of the JJ's have a cast body, but i could be wrong.

I have some of the old style ones and they have a welded shank, basically a 1" bolt welded to the body. It is a steel body that has been machined, they should be exacly the same as the non studed version.

I've also got some of the new ones that are a forged one piece setup that has been machined for the joint and threaded. I really like those and will be going with them when I link the rear on my XJ.

Back