• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

found my build sheet, but legend omits some codes

Kirk A

NAXJA Forum User
I am hoping that some experts here may refer me to a more complete legend for build codes than what I found on the reverse of my build sheet. It is incomplete.

On my site, home.comcast.net/~k2a, I have posted my vehicle's codes in thier entirety, along with the explanations available from the reverse side. Those that are marked UNKOWN are not listed in the legend on the back.

Btw, allow me to introduce myself. I'm a relatively new XJ owner. A couple months ago I picked up a 1995 Cherokee sold from our PA state auction. It has some unique goodies like the Police Package and limited slip rear axle and it runs great. The price for that is that interior is quite spartan. Unfortunately, some of the options, like the Light Package, were removed before the sale.

All that I've done to mine is install Hella headlights with 55/100 bulbs, and mount five decent tires, along with basic maintenance of filters and fluids.

CDB: seats, reclining front
CGT: airbag, driver
CUM: console, mini floor
DGB: transmission all 4speed automatic
DJH: axle- front Dana M30/181MM
GED: glass- tinted Rr doors/qtrs/liftgate
GEH: glass-fixed door vent
JJB: horns- electric dual note
LBE: lighter -cigar
LCD: lamps-map/dome reading
MHA: windshield moldings, black
MMC: moldings, upper door frame
MNA: door handles, black
MUK: badging silver/chrome
RDD: antenna -fixed
YGA: without billable fuel
ZGH: 10 gallons additional gas
ZGT: show vehicle finish B - no gas
ZVH: spring -right front
ZVT: spring- right rear
Z5B: GVW rating 4900#

While on the topic of build sheets, mine came back with paint codes, but doesn't include the description of the color. ANy/all stickers have long fallen off so I don't know which paint color to purchase for touch ups at AutoZone. Guess I could pull off a piece of the truck and take it in, but anyone got a paint color listing?

tallbluexj said:
While on the topic of build sheets, mine came back with paint codes, but doesn't include the description of the color. ANy/all stickers have long fallen off so I don't know which paint color to purchase for touch ups at AutoZone. Guess I could pull off a piece of the truck and take it in, but anyone got a paint color listing?

A company that manufactures touch up paints (like Duplicolor for example) should provide information that has their paint matches listed by OEM codes. Getting the employees at AZ to figure this out might be a challenge. Also when I had some paint custom mixed for me at an auto body supplier they just asked me what paint code and their computer program had the formula for that and what it was called. Or you could go to the dealer.

I got my build codes from D-C

My build sheet was inside the driver's door. With information found here on the list, I contacted Daimler-Chrysler and got all of the build information. They wouldn't email it, however. The matrix on the build sheet lists three-character codes; many of the codes from D-C are 4-characters, as shown below. Someone was compiling a complete list of codes, so I will donate mine:
ADA:Light Group, ADHP:Heavy Duty Electrical Group, ADL:Skid Plate Group, AHBP:police Group, APAS:Monotone Paint, ARWP:Sport Decor Group

BARP:90 amp alternator, BCDP:500 Amp Maintenance Free Battery, BGKP:4-Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes

CADP:High Back Bucket Seats, CBXP:Carpet/Vinyl Door Trim Panel, CDBP:Reclining Front Seats, CFMS:Rear Folding Seat, CGTS:Driver Airbag Only, CKGP:HD Vinyl FLoor Covering, CKKP Deluxe Cargo Compartment Floor Mat, CKTP:Cargo Tie Down Loops, CKXS:plastic Liftgate Trim Panel, CSAP:Spare tire cover, CSRS:passenger Assist Handles, CUMS:Mini Floor Console

DGB:All 4-Speed Automatic Transmission, DGSS:4-Speed Automatic AW4 Transmission, DHAS:Lock-up Torque Converter, DHPP:Selec-Trac Full Time 4WD System, DHSS:Floor Mount Automatic Shift Lever, DJHS:Dana M30/181MM Front Axle, DMDS:3.55 axle ratio, DRMP Dana 35C/194MM Rear Axle, DSAP:Limited Slip Differential

EAAC:All Engines, ERH:4.0L Power Tech I-6 Engine

GBBS:Tinted Windshield Glass, GCBS:Front Door Tinted Glass, GEDS:Tinted Rr Drs/Qtr/Liftgate Glass, GEHS:Fixed Door Vent Glass, GFA:Rear Window Defroster, GRZP:Left Remote Control Mirror, GSZP:Right Remote Control Mirror, GTZP:Manual Remote Mirrors, GVAC:All Vehicles Without Power Mirrors

HAA:Air Conditioning, HGDP Deluxe Insulation Group

JAVP:Analog cluster - rallye w/o tach, JBFS:Instrument Cluster Black Bezel, JCBP:Speedo - 120/125 primary, JHAS:Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers, JHB:Rear Window Wiper/Washer, JJAS:Cigar Lighter, JJBS Dual Note Electric Horns, JLWP:Electronic Noise Suppression

LAJS:Warning Buzzer - Headlamp On, LBBP:Courtesy Lamps (below panel), LBCS:Glove box Lamp, LBDP:Ash tray Lamp, LBEP:Cigar Lighter, LCDP:Map/dome Reading Lamp, LDAP:Underhood Lamp, LDBP:Cargo Compartment Lamp, LHDP:Headlamp Off Time Delay, LMAS:Halogen Headlamps, LPSS:High center stop lamp

MB1S:Black Front bumper, MB5S:Black Rear Bumper, MDAP:Front License Plate Bracket, MFFS:Black Grille, MHAS:Black Windshield Moldings, MMCS:Upper Door Frame Moldings, MMGS:Belt Moldings, MMKS:Body Color Drip Trough Molding, MNAS:Black Door Handles, MUKS:Silver/Chrome Badging

NAAS:Federal Emission, NBKS:EVAP Control System, NFAS:20 Gallon Fuel Tank, NHBP:Auxillary Transmission Oil Cooler, NMCP:Heavy Duty Engine Cooling

PW7:Bright White Clear Coat

QW7S:Bright White Clear Coat

RAAC:All Radio Equipped Vehicles, RABS:Radio - AM/FM w/o cassette, RCBS:Speaker sys - two stereo, RDDS:Fixed Long Mast Antenna

SBAS:power Rack & Pinion Steering, SCDS:Luxury Steering Wheel, SDBP:Heavy Duty Suspension, SHAS:Front Sway Bar, SHCS:Front & Rear Sway Bars, SUAP:Tilt steering column

TBBP:Full Size Spare Tire, TBLS:Inside Mounted Spare Tire, TRCP:p225/70HR15 BSW AS Perf Tires, SUAP:Goodyear Brand Tires

WJDS:15"x7.0" Styled Steel Wheels, WKDP:15"x7.0" Spare Wheel, WLYC:All Steel Wheels

XEA:Tow hooks & devices, XEEP:Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield, XEFP:Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield, XEUP:Front Suspension Skid Plate

YAAS:Build to US Market Specifications, YGAA:Without Billable Fuel

ZGHP:Spring - Left Front, ZGTP:Spring - Left Rear, ZVHP:Spring - Right Front, ZVTP:Spring - Right Rear, Z5BS:payload Rating - 1800#​
Cheers,
Kirk

Last edited:
Back