• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my jeep is loud.

Brian Strickland

NAXJA Forum User
so about a year ago i pulled the carpet and duraked the inside of my 2000 xj. it's loud, really loud on highway drives with 33 " bfg mt's. plus my nv3550 is a noisy beast as well. so my question is : has anyone ordered the vinyl floor kits for their jeep? i was thinking i will order the floor coverings, pull everything out clean it up, lay down some sound deadener all over the place and then install the floor covering last. i was just wondering if anyone has done this? and yes...i've searched. what do you guys think of this ? i've still gotta call the company and make sure it will work for me, i've found alot of floor coverings but most of them go up to 96'.

http://www.roadworksauto.com/truckvan.htm

As for the carpets I would think the newer years would fit with some minor notching because they are basically the same layouts.

A friend of mine did this and Im hear to tell you that we could tell a HUGE difference between no carpet, just sound deadener (knockoff dynamat) and sound deadener with carpet. I was really close to doing the same but I ended up going the sound deadener router with hurculiner over it. Basically the same principle but its cheaper and water proof.

This was the company he used http://www.auto-interior.com/jeep1.htm

j33pownr said:
As for the carpets I would think the newer years would fit with some minor notching because they are basically the same layouts.

A friend of mine did this and Im hear to tell you that we could tell a HUGE difference between no carpet, just sound deadener (knockoff dynamat) and sound deadener with carpet. I was really close to doing the same but I ended up going the sound deadener router with hurculiner over it. Basically the same principle but its cheaper and water proof.

This was the company he used http://www.auto-interior.com/jeep1.htm

just read that site, really like the sounds of it, however I have a 97 and the cut off year seems to be 96. I don't think there are many difs between the two, but will have to ask around to see.
what year did your friend have that he did this.
I was under my Jeep today and the carpet is dripping wet... yes I saw this where the floor had rotted away, so after I cut it out and weld in some new and bed liner it, this would be a nice little add-on to quiet it down inside.
thanks for the link.

The big carpeted floor mats you see in stores are great to make floor covering out of. You put the ruber bottom side up and the carpet down for insulation. Stores and offices ussually use a service company to come in and change out the matts when they get dirty. Find a company in your area that does this service and get a mat that has been cleaned but is too worn out for them to reuse. The bottom rubber side is ussually like new. You can also get big rubber mats from the co-op horse supply store but I know the professional carpeted floor mats flex well and fit up nice.

even in stock form, i've noticed the newer models have a lot of noise coming from the rear quarter panel areas and the cargo area.........you could tackle these areas as well if the noise is bugging you

Back