• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camber adjustment?

jeepmedicNB

NAXJA Forum User
Hello there I am new to this site and have only owned a jeep for 1 month at this point, I baught a 97 xj with 3' lift front and back, everything seems to be fine except the tires are wearing on the outside of the tire, I believe it has camber issues and am wondering if it is adjustable on the cherokee?
Also on the way to work tonight it was hesitating on the highway, almost spudering at a constant speed. BUt if I gave it more throttle it would come out of the jerky power hesitation spell. Happening most frequently at around 55 mph.

THanks alot for any info in advance.

Curtis

Camber can be altered with adjustable ball joints, but I would guess you have too much toe-in. You can check this with a measuring tape in front of and behind the front tires.

jeepmedicNB said:
Did you have to adjust your camber with your 3" lift?

No, camber doesn't change when you lift a vehicle that has a rigid axle tube. Caster changed some, and I will put some of the factory alignment shims in the LCAs at some point, but it's not off by much right now. Toe also changes with the lift, but that's an easy fix.

http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html

Right on, well thats a bit of good news, I wasn't looking forward to buying adjustable ball joints or whatever u need to fix camber, hopefully just toe. However it drives straight and doesn't seem to pull.
Any idea about the power surgging thing I explained at a constant speed on the highway?

THanks alot for your input

Back