• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air intake hose

BigPoppaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
why is it so hard to find an air intake hose for my 89 jeep? mine ripped off right at the throttle body and i just cant find anywhere online to buy a new oem. does anyone have a part number for it? thanks for all your help

you want the easiest solution?
Go down to vatozone, they have a generic air intake hose that's 3". it's kind of ricer, and you can't just get a regular black one, but it will fit, and it was less than $20.
I plan on using one for the cowl induction/snorkel mod.

yeah, unfortunately Chryco just doesn't have the AMC era parts. Whenever I call up the Jeep dealership and tell them I have an 87 they pretty much turn me away.

87manche said:
you want the easiest solution?
Go down to vatozone, they have a generic air intake hose that's 3". it's kind of ricer, and you can't just get a regular black one, but it will fit, and it was less than $20.
I plan on using one for the cowl induction/snorkel mod.

But his is a RENIX and doesn't have the 3" throat on the TB to attach the hose to. The RENIX has the flange that bolts to the TB. You may try the junk yards, they are bound to have one somewhere. The only other solution is to take the flange and weld a 3" ring onto it.

Back