• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pinion Gear?

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
Well I finally got my c clip to come out of my locker, had to take the drill method, but now I have another problem. My ring gear is fine but my pinion gear is a mess. My question is, is there anywhere I can get just a pinion gear.
This for a 99 8.25 with 4.56 gears, 9 tooth I believe. I am thinking maybe there is someone out there who might have one laying around that they want to get rid of! Thanx Abunch Digger

Pinions and ring gears come as sets a should only be installed as a set.
What happen to your pinion that its a mess?

Well first off and most important was the nut or threads are screwed up. I think it is the treads causing the nut to be VERY hard to remove and now wont start back on again,

digger4u said:
Well first off and most important was the nut or threads are screwed up. I think it is the treads causing the nut to be VERY hard to remove and now wont start back on again,

The pinion nut should be hard to turn. Its pinched down, oval shaped, so it wont back off. You wont be able to turn it by hand at all and it will be tight to turn with a ratchet. Unless you see visable thread damage, everything is probably just the way it should be.

a pinion nut is designed to be used once, as it deforms so it can't back off.
An impactis the best way to get them off, and it takes a large torque wrench to put them on.

Back