• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock stereo wire harness diagram

rocklandxjer

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys,
well, i got a new stereo for the 88, harness and all [it was from a yj] so i was wondering if you guys have any diagrams of the wires in the stock harness and where they go to so i can properly set up the wires on my stereo [as i can probably find a harness diagram on the web for the product itself...]

thanks guys
Travis

rocklandxjer said:
hey guys,
well, i got a new stereo for the 88, harness and all [it was from a yj] so i was wondering if you guys have any diagrams of the wires in the stock harness and where they go to so i can properly set up the wires on my stereo [as i can probably find a harness diagram on the web for the product itself...]

thanks guys
Travis

I believe I have the Jeepside wiring diagrams up on RENIXPower - groups.yahoo.com/group/RENIXPower, in the "files" section.

There are actually three groups I run (if anyone else is reading) as "information exchanges" for stuff like this...

groups.yahoo.com/group/RENIXPower - for 1984-1990 XJ/MJ w/AMC engines (does NOT include the Renault Diesel or the GM 2.8L V6)
groups.yahoo.com/group/XJOG - for everything else
groups.yahoo.com/group/JeepPower - for ideas to include in my books, book updates, book discussions, and I select bits from the strokers group (groups.yahoo.com/group/strokers - not mine) for archiving at JeepPower (makes them easier to find.)

Looking at the connector on the harness straight on, with the cut corners at the top:
a.b.c.....h.i.j
d.e.f..g..k.l.m

a= rt rear -
b= rt front -
c= clock
d= rt rear +
e= rt front +
f = +12v switched (IGN)
g= +12v battery (BAT)
h= dash illumination
i= lt front -
j= lt rear -