• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 Link System Q's

WNT1

NAXJA Forum User
Is anybody else running a 3-link system and fullwidth D44 or D60 axles on thier XJ????? I'm currently running an 8" LA Rock Krawler System with a 79 Ford Fullwidth D44 Front and D60 rear axle w/ brand new 37's on Allied Beadlocks. I'm trying to figure out how to cure my DEATHWOBBLE. It works awsome on the trail and flexes like MAD, but I start getting DW at around 45mph on the road. I would like to be able to drive it around town once in a while. All of the normal stuff has checked out, alignment is perfect, toe is good, wheels are balanced caster is at 6 degrees!!! Please let me know if you have the same setup and what's the best way to go about fixing this issue, without going to a four link setup!!!!! I just dropped 4grand on the RK kit and the axle swap and I don't won't to have to put another grand in a Rubicon Express four link front setup!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP PLEASE

What does your steering system consist of?

Yes 8 lug front and rear. Guys I think We got her dialed in tonight. I added in a steering stabalizer to the setup. It has virtually eliminated all DW up to 55mph. I was too Chicken S%@T to go any faster. I hope that has taken care of the problem. Tomorrow I plan on taken it on the Highway and testing it out....I;ll let you know. Thanks for everyones input

Here is a pic of the Front HPD44 being installed and the finished product!
1zzidxx.jpg

1zziz29.jpg

I don't know how well this applies with the suspension at full droop like it appears to be here, but look at the angles of your drag link and trackbar:

bumpsteer22im8.jpg

Ideally, your trackbar and drag link are both parallel and identical in length. Try raising the axle-end trackbar mount a few inches so that it's parallel with your drag link. That should help your bumpsteer substantially.

Thanks Mambeu,
But I'm running a HD High Crossover steering system. There is little to no bumpsteer it's just bad DW at higher speeds.

WNT1 said:
Thanks Mambeu,
But I'm running a HD High Crossover steering system. There is little to no bumpsteer it's just bad DW at higher speeds.

hmm, so you only experience DW at higher speeds. tracking straight, when you hit a pothole/bump...?

DW at 50-60 mph is the tires/wheels usually.

I run no stabilizer and have no DW.

Back