• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

44 score

HossHoffer

NAXJA Forum User
I finally found a dana 44 under an '87 and pulled it today from the local pull and save. Was very easy and the only problem I had was when a manager tried to accuse one of the young men I was with of breaking an already broken windshield. Anyway whats it going to take to get it under my '85 other than regearing it. Is it the same width as the one I have or do I need to go back and get the front also? I'm just so excited that I had to gloat.:D :D :D

If it came out of an xj its a bolt in.

Great

Hey Ghost good to hear from you. What gearing are you using with your 4 banger? I've been trying to get some 4:65s and hope that will work with some 32's. Right now with my 29s the speedo is off about 10% and it just has enough torque to pull me at a decent highway speed. By the way, I have a box here that has your name on it and will send it out as soon as I get back from my nephews wedding. Long story but its been sitting in the garage behind some stuff and I thought my teenage son had sent it out already!:D Good luck on your rebuild

LOL, its all good. I was running 3.73's with 31's but am in the middle of swaping axles that have 4.10's that I got for $70 each. So I'm hoping it will drive better with the lower gears. I'm afraid that I will have to go to a 4.56 or 4.88 to be happy though.

Back